market-farming - [Market-farming] hoophouse anchors

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: moon AT ceva.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] hoophouse anchors
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:40:54 -0600

I too am re-ercting a 22x90 hoophouse. Previously they were cemented in. Can I just drive heavy rebar stakes and set the pipes on that? ( like my high wind exposure 12x45 hoops had for years) It would add a needed 2' hight not to mention easier. I feel it's new location is protected, and will run north-south. Where does the wind damage occur? Is it the side wall lifting off or doors blown open and filling the house?
A local house went down, I think it just got crushed, cemented posts and all, yet it was in the open at the foot of a mountain.
Ann, zone 7, notice previous msssages deleted

  • [Market-farming] hoophouse anchors, moon, 12/01/2010