market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Zucchini problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Zucchini problem
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:51:13 -0400

Thanks for this precise array of important information, Deb -Allan in WV

Imidacloprid is one of a class of insecticides widely believed to be extremely toxic to honey bees, perhaps even the main culprit in Colony Collapse Disorder. Since it is systemic, the time of spraying is immaterial. It is in the pollen and nectar of the plants, which the bees are in intimate contact with. I'm not well-versed in the science so I won't try to go into the details here but it is a subject that's highly google-able.

Please reconsider using it on crops, especially those you rely on honey bees to pollinate.

Deb
Mobius Fields