market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Zucchini problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Zucchini problem
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:27:32 GMT

It's not virus. That has been ruled out. This is not the stunting or twisting
you get with virus. The plants come up. They sit there and don't grow. Then,
the leave start turning a pale yellow and the plant dies. We water. We
fertilize. We do all the things we have always done when growing squash, and
nothing.
The first time this happened we had just gotten some of the flooding rains
and we had a lot of run off from the neighbors wheat field. I just assumed
that whatever herbicide he used washed down on us and wasn't to the squashes
liking. No big deal, I just replanted. But, it keeps happening. And, I've
replanted far enough away from that original spot that the neighbors
herbicide couldn't possibly be a factor.
I am growing enough different kinds of squash so I don't think it's a seed
related issue. And, some of my seed is leftover from last year, and it did
fine then.
It's just not my year for squash.
Carla
Perkins, OK 97 degrees and getting hotter

SHOCKING: 2010 Honda Civic for $1,732.09
SPECIAL REPORT: High ticket items are being auctioned for an incredible 90%
off!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c5319e6821b14c54f2st04duc