market-farming - [Market-farming] Water Testing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Water Testing
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:32:01 -0500

I looked for an existing thread on the subject, but was unable to find one.

Do you have recommendations for a good water testing lab? I have used Texas A&M in the past for soil testing, and I'm assuming their water testing results are similar in regards to the level of detail. I am looking for something more detailed than what I think they will provide. I need to understand our irrigation (pond) water biology better in general, and specifically I need to know about algae types/concentration and iron concentration. I have wicked awful algae problems (and maybe iron bacteria and who knows what else) and am mounting a counter-attack. Need to know better what is there in order to treat it effectively.

Thanks,
Laurie
Barking Cat Farm - Zones 7&8