market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] interesting read on CSAs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] interesting read on CSAs
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:52:08 -0500

I think some collaboration would be awesome.  I don't know what you're feelings are, but there might be an opensource/sourceforge type opportunity?  I'm not a programmer, but have a bit of web design experience. . . with that comes linux, php, database end user experience.  I can outline what I want to do, but not implement it.  I think much of the base is there.  There are various carts out there that do the same thing.  We just need a modified system.

Something that will - allow customization of a base 'bin'
Cutoff customization at a predetermined time each week
Allow people to take vacations from the CSA
Create users/member accounts
Create a credit/debit system
Bill people for ordering extra
Create summary and distribution sheets

But most of all, once it is built. . . we need some committed CSA members to tell us where the bugs are and how to improve it.

I'll see where my friend is at, I think he's just working on an outline of functions. . . and trying to wrap his head around how it is different from a typical online store.

John

Yeah, it is from the Abbey's character, and the lay of our ground Shawnee  ; )