market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] interesting read on CSAs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sisters of the Soil <2soilsisters AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] interesting read on CSAs
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:20:27 -0700

Just want to chime in to say the article seemed absolutely on point vis a vis my experience of that last two seasons doing CSA.  And I can't agree more with this Shawnee- "weary of explaining about what's in the box and why it costs what it costs and wishing I could say, "just eat your greens dammit, and let some passionate, committed  grower make 75 cents an hour."  It just should not be so much work to provide people something as wonderful as freshly grown, local organic produce, should it??  Thank goodness for the minority of CSA members who "get it" and comment, so as to buoy a farmer's' flagging spirits when they need buoying!

Doreen in Boise