market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] interesting read on CSAs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] interesting read on CSAs
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:54:39 -0600

Reading this again, I think-again-that we are really talking about a distribution problem.  Forget trying to change the consumer's mind-that may happen as they look to their own self-interest....now, how to get them what they want in the way they want it when they want it.  (Never mind judging/analyzing those things, just as a thought problem for a moment.)  The current system excels at that by providing everything all the time at secretly subsidized prices.  This puts a big burden on the small grower who doesn't have that market support.  (Thanks for the post Liz.)
Shawnee zone 5