market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Weed control advice?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Weed control advice?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:54:54 -0500

At this place the more black plastic I put down the happier I am. (just flat, not raised beds)

(Way south, some of that would probably be white top/black bottom). and the further I

go (crawl on hands and knees) the more things I find I can plant on it. This year I will be

doing some stuff to eliminate the work in spaces between rows by trying newspaper,

gypsum wallboard, and weedblock fabric.

I find that my efforts with cultivators and weed burners are too often foiled by

those glorious months of daily rain, and I aint giving no SOB $400.00 + for no damn

Glaser wheen hoe! A high wheel for 10 bucks at a sale and 17 for a stirrup  hoe to go on

it is far enough in that direction.

MAsteveINE
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER." - Friar Tuck