market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Lyme Disease

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Lyme Disease
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:07:56 -0500

So Marlin,
What is the best treatment protocol you have come up with so far because I
am in the same chronic infection boat, though not as severe as you appear to
have it. By observation I would say the resurfacing of the disease symptoms
appears to be related to stress and low immune function; I now treat it like
an early warning system.
The wolves or coy wolves are moving back in slowly here and I cant wait till
they control the Deer herd.

Dave Inglis
www.mahaiweharvest.com
Berkshire County,
Massachusetts

We
> think there is a possability that the infection may have resurfaced five
or
> more years after the tick bite and simmered at a low enough level for me
not
> to seek medical attention until last year, or I may have been reinfected
> later.
>
> The most appalling thing about this experience has been the amount of
> frustration, pain, and loss of physical strength I have experienced in the
> face of apparent ignorance and apathy among the local medical community.
> About six months after a brain MRI showed white spots indicative of
possible
> Lyme, I learned that the blood test used to rule out LD by the neurologist
> who saw me after the MRI, is widely known among the larger medical
community
> to give false negatives and is unreliable for Lyme diagnostics. As I
began
> to realize late in the year that I might need to more agressively persue
the
> LD question, I went into another month of my own denial after looking on
the
> Internet and learning the extent of the Lyme disease controversy and what
it
> might mean if I really do have Lyme.
>
> I feel quite fortunate to have found a doctor competent in the most up to
> date diagnosis and treatment of my illness even if it meant crossing two
> state lines to find him. I now face the possability of considerable pain
> and disability and a lot of expense for several more years. Just knowing
> that I now have a solid diagnosis and a treatment protocol designed to
> attack the problem at the roots rather than lessening the pain at the
> surface (like fighting quackgrass with a weed whacker or trying to put out
> forest fire by pissing on it), gives me hope.
>
> I bring this subject up because most of us involved in market farming live
> and work in highly endemic areas (by now most of the country) and are
highly
> at risk of contracting this dreadful and nasty disease. Complicating the
> matter is disagreement about the definition of the illness, fear among
> doctors of reprisal if they transgress treatment guidelines of the CDC,
and
> the reluctance of insurance compaies to pay for extended treatment of LD
> patients. This makes it very difficult to find good LD doctors. The
longer
> it goes after a person gets the disease the more difficult and expensive
it
> gets to treat.
>
> My symptoms have been: extreme fatigue, panic attacks, peripheral
> neuropathy, full blown fibromyalgia, and pain-pain-pain, and MORE PAIN!
> Those of you or your friends who may be struggling with CFS or
Fibromyalgia