market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Lyme Disease

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Lyme Disease
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:43:54 -0400

Marlin,

Thanks for drawing attention to a possible life-changing/threatening occupational hazard of farming.  Here in Dominica, no signs of Lyme (although we do have ticks), but the western MA area where I come from is rife with deer ticks and Lyme and affected folks -- many of whom, like you, were misdiagnosed resulting in long term suffering.   I was lucky to have had a Lyme infection last Spring caught and treated quickly.  Hopefully that's that although it sounds like Lyme can hide out in the body before resurfacing.

Meanwhile, I hope you beat all odds for speedy recovery with no lingering effects.

All best wishes,

Karen

Roots Farm
Organic Produce