market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] High Yield crop recommendations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] High Yield crop recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:29:26 -0600

Here in the South, mustard greens far out produce any other greens I
have seen. "Tendergreen" is a good example, though I've never seen any
variety produce poorly. They germinate well; it is easy to get a
stand. Fairly freeze tolerant; just below 30 will not hurt them, 25
might burn them, 20 might knock them to the ground. We grow them
through the winter and quit when temperatures get up around 80. The
only problem is selling them.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 751 days 11 hours 22 minutes