market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Squash bug control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: barbara.dieckman AT gmail.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Squash bug control
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:14:41 +0000

S happens?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Wiener, Benjamin L CPT NG NG FORSCOM" <benjamin.l.wiener AT us.army.mil>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:38:06
To: Market Farming<market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Cc: Market Farming<market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>

One of the reasons I will never be certified organic is the sheer stupidity
of some of the rules. If guinea fowl cannot be used because of the tiny
ammount of droppings they would leave, then what do organic growers do to
exclude wild birds that already deposit droppings in the field? There is a
huge difference in quantity between applying manure for fertility and using a
natural method of bug control. You can't even use manure from animals that
recieve adequate veterinary care. What a bunch of BS (pun intended).

Ben Wiener