market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:04:47 EDT

The lettuce is in bags,no direct connection to the lettuce, and I always keep the chard in the melted water from the ice.  Never had any lettuce look soft or mushey from using ice this way.  Me do around 60# a week all summer and have never had a compliant all we have are lines to people to buy our lettuce until we are sold out every week.  Customers tell us they are able to get 10 days shelf life from our lettuce, so something must be working.

Phil