market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Coyote-Wolf Hybrids in Northeastern USA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Coyote-Wolf Hybrids in Northeastern USA
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:39:30 -0500

Greetings,
Interesting, but not really surprising, I mean coyotes cross with dogs all the time. So do wolves. So, why shouldn't they cross with each other. While I realize that wild coy-anything can be very dangerous and very smart, I will always love my companion of 11 years, my coydog. She is probably the best companion animal I have ever had. There is a good book out called Daily Coyote, about raising a wild coyote pup. They do make good pets, but you must start with a very young pup, long before they are ready to be weaned.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Pat Meadows wrote:
I seem to remember a few listmembers here, including at least one in
Western NY, telling of scary experiences with packs of *large* coyotes.

I'm very sure they will be interested in this article from a Scientific
American blog:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=wylie-coywolf-the-coyote-wolf-hybri-2009-09-23

or

http://tinyurl.com/kr2sf3