market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] food dehydrators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Johnathan Avery Yelenick" <yelenick AT riseup.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] food dehydrators
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:07:30 -0600 (MDT)

http://www.thefarm.org/charities/i4at/surv/soldehyd.htm

why not use the sun for your dehydration needs. Solar food dehydrator!

Check out this book too:
"The solar food dryer : how to make and use your own high-performance,
sun-powered food dehydrator" by Eben Fodor

> Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:47:16 -0400
> From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
> Subject: Re: [Market-farming] food dehydrators
> To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
>

> I need a new dehydrator for my peppers, and other things. I heard
> excaliber
> dehydrators were good. What are your opinions? Or your favorite ones?
> Thank you all.
>
> Sue
> Vermont...where the temperatures are cooler and I thought we were going to
> have a frost last Thursday, but didn't. Looks like fall is around the
> corner.

"If your experience is that your water comes from the tap and that your
food comes from the grocery store then you are going to defend to the
death the system that brings those to you because your life depends on
that; if your experience is that your water comes from a river and that
your food comes from a land base then you will defend those to the death
because your life depends on them. So part of the problem is that we have
become so dependent upon this system that is killing and exploiting us, it
has become almost impossible for us to imagine living outside of it and
it's very difficult physically for us to live outside of it."
— Derrick Jensen

  • Re: [Market-farming] food dehydrators, Johnathan Avery Yelenick, 08/30/2009