market-farming - [Market-farming] batteries for scales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Curtis Millsap <cmillsap1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] batteries for scales
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 07:22:56 -0700 (PDT)

I purchased some rechargeable NiMH batteries for my scale from some amazon store, and have been pleased with them.  Important to note; most of the cheap D size rechargeables are actually just AA size, wrapped in a bigger shell. Hence, you don't get nearly the battery life out of them that you should expect from a size D.  The way to know is to look at the amphour rating. The ones I purchased are Tenergy brand, 10,000 mAH.  The green ones I have from Harbor freight are only 1,500 mAH, and so last only one tenth as long.  Pretty big price difference, but the advantages make up for it, as long as you don't have a tendency, as I sometimes do, to lose batteries.
Curtis

Millsap Farm
Springfield MO

www.millsapfarms.com

  • [Market-farming] batteries for scales, Curtis Millsap, 08/29/2009