market-farming - [Market-farming] Murphy had it out for me today

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Murphy had it out for me today
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 11:28:50 -0400

I never made it to market.  Well, actually I did.  Got up at 3 and left the house by 3:30, which normally gives us almost an HOUR extra in case something goes screwy on the drive, like an accident or road construction...OR THE FLIPPING NORTH CAROLINA DOT SHUTTING DOWN A HUGE SWATH (14 miles to be exact) OF INTERSTATE TO CHANGE BRAND NEW SIGNS (Less than a year old) AND WHILE DOING SO TO REDIRECT TRAFFIC AND SHUT OFF MAJOR THOROUGHFARES INTO TOWN AND GETTING ME SO TURNED AROUND I ALMOST RAN OUT OF GAS.  Which you do not want to do in this part of town cuz these city people don't think you need gas until 10am.  At one point they even had eastbound traffic traveling west!!!!!!!!!!  I can't tell ya how many times I watched drivers take an exit to nowhere...usually, if I'm driving a normal truck (as in it has 4wd), I will MAKE my own exit, but that is not an option with the Great White Boat I drive now, pitiful 2wd thang....

anyhoo I arrived to market with a full truck, an HOUR late, and a full market as in wayyyy overflowing, not even able to get close enough to unload even if I could have gotten a spot.  I was even willing to haul 5 coolers, booth paraphernalia and 10 dz eggs 1/4 mile away all by myself.  but did the market gods take pity on me???  no, nadda, no sirreeeee.  no room in the inn...I'da gladly hawked outta a stable...

Sorry 'bout sideswiping that Lexus...it WAS parked in a no-parking zone so I had every right.  right????

anyone up for a really really good deal on lettuce & spinach?????????????

off to bed.....

Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens, new home of Murphy