market-farming - [Market-farming] Hatfield Transplanter and Soil Blocks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Two Onion Farm <farmer AT twoonionfarm.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hatfield Transplanter and Soil Blocks
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 06:56:56 -0500

Farmer Breck mentioned using the Hatfield transplanter with soil blocks. We raise all of our transplants in soil blocks and I have been tempted to buy a Hatfield but I have feared that the blocks are not held together well enough and they will crumble when they hit the ground. Has this been a problem, Farmer B? What size blocks and Hatfield are you using?

Thanks.

Chris

Chris & Juli McGuire
Two Onion Farm