market-farming - [Market-farming] planter for sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] planter for sweet corn
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 22:52:30 -0500

I'm looking for a planter that will work well for sweet corn. I see a fair amount of reconditioned model 71 and 7000 JD units set up for food plots, as well as other manufacturer's planters. Is one type substantially better than other types if it will only get a few acres/year of use? Ideally, I'd like to get a 2 row unit.
Also, is anyone transplanting their sweet corn successfully? If you are, what are you using as a transplanter?

Andy