market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] SEED Company reliability

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pech <pech9 AT rocketmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] SEED Company reliability
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:09:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ya'll

I've used Fedco for last 6 years with no problems. shipping is great and customer service excellent. I did have a little trouble last season with some snap peas and some pumpkin (which I see they 're aware of and willing to make right), I thought I'd shop around. After comparing my list with Johnny's and High Mowing both of which I use, I going back to Fedco for my main order, the prices seem better, it's easier on me to get most of my stuff from one source and the pumpkin trouble could have been my fault. Which leads me to a question.

Can a spaghetti squash and a Connecticut field pumpkin planted by seed on the same day in the next row, cross pollinate and get a hybrid "Spaghetti Pumpkin"? I always thought no, the cross wouldn't express itself until next year when the seeds where saved and planted. A friend of mine says yes, but only with pumpkins and squash.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
have Fun
Dave z6