market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mulching Fruit Trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: maury sheets <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mulching Fruit Trees
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:45:50 -0500

Mark,

Both are right about the rodent damage, but you should also protect against winter sun scald on the new trees.  There is a white plastic wrap available commercialy  to protect the trees from heating in the winter.  I believe it will also work to stop rodents.

Maury sheets
Woodland Produce
Southern New Jersey