market-farming - [Market-farming] BCS with Rotary Plow

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Harriet Allen <hattie_allen AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] BCS with Rotary Plow
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I've got a Grillo with the rotary plow!  I like it a lot.  There has been a learning curve though.  I knocked the wheels off the Grillo first by having the plow too deep for the tractor.  Mine is a smaller model tractor and although it has larger wheels on it, it really isn't the best size for the plow and won't accomodate it going really deep.  Still, it is terrific for turning things under and for making beds.  I've gotten good at that.  I wonder if I should have gotten the BCS instead because the handles on the Grillo are obviously designed for a man with bigger hands than I have.  But I have gotten used to that too.  The guys in Kentucky at EarthTools made the rotary plow so it works with the Grillo.  I have not yet tried my mulch layer...I decided to get one, even though it is only three foot wide mulch, and just haven't gotten around to trying to figure it out...Just got the tractor, plow and rototiller at the end of the season last year...Takes me a while.

Hattie Allen

Hattie Garden

Delaware