market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pH testers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pH testers
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:47:08 -0400

On May 12, 2008, at 11:20 AM, Richard Robinson wrote:

On Mon, 5 May 2008 10:36:55 -0400, Richard Robinson wrote:
 What do you all recommend for pH testing? Hand-held meters? colorimetric
 solutions? sending off to a lab? I like the immediacy and simplicity of a
 meter, but wonder if I am getting the accuracy I hope for.

Hearing no replies...

Does nobody test pH? Or does no one like the method they use? ;)

Maybe nobody has tried all three on the same field, and therefore nobody has comparisons?

I have mine done at a lab; but don't know which meters, if any, are equally accurate. I'm having other tests done by the lab, in any case, so the pH comes along for the ride.