market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Gnats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Gnats
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:57:11 -0600

We tried beneficial nematodes last year on a limited basis and were pleased, but felt we needed to release more than once.  This year we are doing 2 releases a couple of weeks apart.  Interestingly, our fungus gnat numbers seem much lower this year than last, so maybe there was more effect than we knew AND, we are doing a better job of not overwatering the media on those gray winter days.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm