market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] contents of grocery carts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] contents of grocery carts
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 23:16:11 -0500

On Mar 2, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Pat Meadows wrote:
It seems many people here don't even have the *idea* of eating fresh
veggies or salad stuffs. It's just not something they think of, or do. I
see peoples' carts in the supermarkets and it seems they rarely include
fresh veggies. We very rarely see a vegetable garden either.

If you also don't see vegetable gardens, you're very likely right about the diets of the particular people whose carts you see in the supermarket. But I often wonder what people think of my supermarket cart, which also rarely has fruits or vegetables in it -- because almost all of mine come out of my fields or my neighbors' fields, fresh in season and in winter via the freezer and the root cellar.