market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sales
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 05:10:58 -0400

June also is our peak month, although it slid well into July this year. What about everybody else? Is June your best month?

June is one of our slow months. Sept and October are our best months wih
November being very good as well (though we only do 2 FM's in November). But
I market in a college town that loses its' population in June. The population
reurns in mid August (I am expecting to do great sales today because the
students and faculty are back) and this is a population that does not garden
but is well aware of why local foods are important.

Lucy