market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Denver Post Op-ed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: STEVE GILMAN <stevegilman AT verizon.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Denver Post Op-ed
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 21:58:03 -0400

FYI -- A bit of a conflict of interest here, behind the scenes. It turns out the Op Ed writer, Jackie Avner, runs a biotech company with her husband called "Transgenic Pets" working to genetically alter animals to be non-allergenic. No word on the success rate of this enterprise, but in the brave new world of genetically engineered farm animals -- 997 out of every 1,000 experimental animals die gruesomely at some stage of development or another. Meanwhile, the FDA hasn't ruled on legalizing the process yet.

And Jackie wasn't even very original in her diatribe -- it's pretty much out of the Alex Avery playbook, employee like his Dad, Dennis, at the far right Hudson Institute. He maintains milk is milk, while, in reality -- Avery is Avery, bucks are bucks, and propaganda is propaganda. Most likely this is part of a series of planted anti- organic hatchet jobs. Kind of sad, really...

Steve
Ruckytucks Farm