market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Denver Post Op-ed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: deberryemail-website AT yahoo.com
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Denver Post Op-ed
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 05:21:59 -0700 (PDT)

The other thing is, the dairy animals raised on pasture live a lot longer and produce more years than those in confinement.  Confined dairy animals are "used" for 2 or 3 lactations and then culled from the herd.  Pastured animals don't get sick as often, so remedies (of any kind) aren't needed nearly as much (and their naturally healthier bodies DO often heal themselves).  Whatever is fed to the animal gets into its milk.  When I was breastfeeding my daughter, I was told not to drink alcohol, as it would pass through the milk.  Antibiotics, synthetic hormones, etc. would do the same, of course!  Conventional and organic milk are the same?  What a stupid idea.

I hope someone wrote a nice rebuttal to this nonsense and it got printed.

Cheryl DeBerry

DeBerry Farm