market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] organic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "dirt.4arm" <dirt.4arm AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] organic
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 04:01:13 -0400

>> I know growers who fool around with the spelling.....organick, organix .
>> Guess that's what we've come to in New Millenium Amerika.....sigh.
>> want to paraphrase the t-shirts some of the Harley owners wear......"I
>> was Organic before it was cool."

What is the actual ruling on this? Any precedents for using organick,
organicke, organike, organikx, organicx, organix or other variants?
I hear inspectors/USDA get real serious about violations of the rule and can
levy serious fines and make them stick.

I am all for the medieval organick. I guess the fine print in the rule is the
place to go for an answer. Maybe any word containing
the string "organi" is subject to the rulebook.

Locally, naturally, sustainably grown or certified naturally grown can and
should be used more often