market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] double cropped potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] double cropped potatoes
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:23:16 -0500

David,

I think there can be a dormancy issue, but a few weeks in refrigeration should break it.  Not sure of the time needed however!  We will be using seed from our spring planted potato harvest to plant our high tunnel potatoes in late August.  Usually gives us a nice harvest in December.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm