market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

>We spent many years bucking the powers that be to grow a Market. We got
no help from anyone.in fact, the city council found us detrimental to the
community...for several years the core of the market was just 3 vendors.
We've been going now for 27 years, and I have to admit, what we've grown
is a remarkable thing. Within the last 5 years, we've grown to a core
group of 30 vendors and the thing as a whole is vibrant and beautiful.
There's never enough veggies though. Stick with it! It's so very worth
it in the end.
By the way, we have meat vendors who bring in a small freezer that they
power with an inverter off the truck battery....better than running a
generator.......

  • Re: [Market-farming] Market, sora, 06/29/2007