market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmers Market question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Barbara Miller" <barbmill2 AT verizon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmers Market question
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:01:56 -0400

I would keep after your county agent. He needs to support your
market. If you keep asking eventually he will realize that you are
serious, that you are not going away, and it might be in his best
interests to start supporting Ag in his community!
Good luck,
Carla in Oklahoma
He's a good guy really! He does what he can. My dh and I are on the Extension Board and whenever we meet, the Alliance (which includes the market) is on the agenda. Last yr. he printed 1,000 copies of a producer guide that we had worked to put together - the paper, ink and time were free - granted we were limited to b/w but he did do it for us. He's hosted most of our meetings and been to even the ones he didn't host. He's one-hundred percent supportive - he just doesn't take the initiative for things like farmers' markets - doesn't really know what to do or have the time to do it...

Barb Miller
Tioga County, PA