market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] electric fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] electric fencing
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 09:08:39 -0400

Man, I hate to go counter to my friends here, but I've got to say that unless you dont mind throwing your money away for out-dated technology that won't produce enough pop to keep a goat or a truly hungry deer out of your patch, I'd go with PREMIER. See their on-line catalog and then talk to them. They've made a science of keeping deer out of fields. Ground hogs can be a little tricky, but, to be certain, you can go with Premiers electro-netting ('feather' net) and know they won't be getting in.

We used batteries and solar for years. Finally, we are on the grid. Man, do I love to NOT be checking batteries and charging them almost every day! ;-)

-Allan, in WV (Who wishes his charger was strong enough to repell straying Mercedes (yes, folks, it turns out if was a gd Mercedes, driven by a kid, a kid who came by the next day, didn't apologize, but asked if we'd seen a stray dog since he'd had some car trouble up the road and couldn't remember whether his dog was in the car with him at the time, but hasn't seen his dog since...is this a shoe to wait to drop....better check the chicken fence!!