market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] seed potato sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] seed potato sources
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 06:36:11 -0600

I don't know the route they take, but Minnesota seed potatoes are
commonly available in Texas in February. I believe the ones I got were
distributed by BWI (greenhouse supply chain). I notice that Tractor
Supply is selling seed potatoes in 5lb bags @ $5.

BTW, a few days ago, I left un-covered potoato pieces in trenches over
night; the temperature un-expectedly got down to 28 deg. I went ahead
and covered them with soil the next day; I wonder if the freeze damaged
them? I guess I will know in a few weeks when they don't come up well.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 337 days 14 hours 23 minutes