market-farming - [Market-farming] price for black eyed peas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT hughes.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] price for black eyed peas
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:34:26 -0500

How much are you charging for black eyed peas or purple hull peas per pound?
I am planning on growing purple hull peas this year, another new item for
people here in Vermont. My okra did not do well last year. I will try again
this year. People up here are learning about okra. I haven't had any purple
hull peas in years. If they don't sell, then I will have plenty for the
freezer. Is there any other way to cook these besides boiling them with ham?
Does anyone stir fry, or eat these raw? It has been quite interesting for me
to see people up here eating raw green beans. I was raised to cook them for
a long time and with ham.
Thank,
Sue Wells