market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Epson Printers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Sutherland & Roots Farm <rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Epson Printers
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:03:30 -0400

Sora, which model did you buy that was so lemonish?  I have a 2 and a half year old Epson Stylus C-84 that is great.

Best wishes,

Karen

rootsfarm_signature

Karen Sutherland
Roots Farm
Organic Produce : Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs

Cockrane, Dominica
767-449-3038
rootsfarm AT marpin.dm

sora AT coldreams.com wrote:
About a year and 1/2 ago we had a discussion on what printers folk were

using for lables, market materials etc.  There were several
recommendations for the Epson line of printers because of their
"waterproof" ink.  It seemed there were many of you who were using the
Epson C86 and found them great.
So...I bought one and have used it for a little over a year.  There were
always some problems with it...eg...it would start printing page after
page of question marks and gobbeldygook...or it would be full of paper and
the prompt would come up no paper and would need to be disconnected from
the computer to clear.  The cartridges were very spendy and at times it
would not print and send a prompt that the inks were empty when in
fact...when shaking them I could hear there was still ink...   In fact
there is a class action suit going on for this reason.
In any case, shortly after it went out of warranty, it began to print
blurry prints.  I followed all the maintenance recomendations which
includes running print nozzle cleaning up to 3 times ( which used up close
to $60 in ink.)
Now it makes noises like it's printing but the pages are blank.  I googled
the symptoms and found MANY others with the exact same problem, all
shortly after warranty.
Any body out there have this problem?   Any solutions?  Any better
recommendations for a decent farm printer?
                    Many thanks   Sora, in a perpetual state of shoveling