market-farming - [Market-farming] Chickweed at Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Chickweed at Market
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:53:05 -0500

Chickweed seems to grow more abundantly around here in the fall than in the spring!

They say it likes fertile soil. I guess it's a good sign, then, that's its choking all of our beds!

I just had a chef ask for some chickweed. I assume he's looking for a case.

Anyone have any idea of what a fair price is for selling cut chickweed from an organic farm? I'm thinking probably $20 for a 10lb case, but another grower in the area is getting $18 a lb for radish micro-greens, so I have to wonder.

Thanks

-Allan