market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] shoots and sprouts (was Lettuce Display)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: White Family <samhainfarm AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] shoots and sprouts (was Lettuce Display)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

Someone mentioned that they are seeling sunflower shoots and pea shoots that need to be kept cool.  We were hoping to sell sporuts here at our market in KY.  The state says that we can't sell these at all because of the risk of bacteria.  Which is stupid to me, because there is no greater risk of bacteria on my sprouts than those they are selling at Kroger.  Any suggestions on how to get the state to change or does anyone have a sense of whether getting the state to change is even possible?

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1ยข/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.