market-farming - [Market-farming] carrots & leeks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: miranda AT tagoresmith.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] carrots & leeks
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:02:31 -0500 (CDT)

I think the secret to good carrots is supplementary nitrogen for the last
4 to 3 weeks of their growth. They need balanced nutrients earlier, but
towards the end of the season, I always give them a mixture of liquid fish
and diluted nettle tea--does the trick.

I make sure that leeks have high K early in the season--they are another
one that I supplement. I amend their beds with greensand and azomite and
use Sea-fish on them every couple of weeks in the beginning of the season.
And this in good soil!

Miranda Smith

  • [Market-farming] carrots & leeks, miranda, 06/26/2006