market-farming - [Market-farming] Crop Rotation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Crop Rotation
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:48:15 -0700

I just harvested an entire field of onions and garlic and I'm trying to figure out what to plant in this area next. I know not to plant beans, peas or eggplant in an area that was just planted with either onions or garlic. Is it OK to plant squash, zucchini, cantaloupe or watermelons in this area?

Thanks for your help,

Kelly
Desert Roots Farm
Queen Creek, Arizona