market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Michael Pollan article

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sam White <cedarrockcsa AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Michael Pollan article
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 05:36:12 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I was somewhat disappointed that the article
really didn't mentioned all the sales the farm did in
northern VA and how far away it was.

I saw Joel speak 30 minutes from here in Springs, PA,
a small town just above the Mason-Dixon line. Lot of
Amish there...they are as hard headed as us English
farmers.

Joel said his son was taking over the farm for the
most part? The article didn't mention that either.

I think Farming With the Wild, by Dan Imhoff, presents
a better picture of Polyface Farm, at least from a
farmer's perspective.

Sam
Cedar Rock Farm
Mt. Savage, MD

--- Christine & Marlin <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>