market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] farm web sites/blog link exchange

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Brigette Leach <avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] farm web sites/blog link exchange
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:23:09 -0500

Willie,
Thanks for the tip on maps.goggle.com. In your experience does it provide more accurate driving directions than mapquest?
Brigette

Willie McKemie wrote:

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 05:28:12AM -0500, Lucy Goodman wrote:

From what I have been learning the best way to get one's website up in the search listings is to get links on as many other websites as possible. I have looked into commercial link exchanges but all they do is send me URL's to sites that I would not want to link to. But this list has lots and lots of sites I would be honored to exchange links with.

Good idea! But I'm not sure that numerous links pushes up search positions. If it does, I wonder if linking to a common link page has the same effect?

Anyway, we should have a central repository of Market-Farming Links. I will do it or will be pleased for anyone else to do it. Here is a start:

http://austinfarm.org/homegrown/market-farming-links.html

I would love it if any of you here on this list who own a website and have a links page (if you don't create one) would put my URL http://www.boulderbeltfarm.com on their website. When you have done this shoot me an email telling me where you put my link and also have your URL in the email so I can put your link on my website.

Let me suggest that contributors supply complete links rather than just URLs. Something like:
rather than just:
http://www.boulderbeltfarm.com

Here is mine:

Is anyone else as enthralled as I am with links to maps.google.com? Check out some I have at http://austinfarm.org/homegrown/links.html

This link has been dead for a very long while. I again suggest that Liz fix it.

begin:vcard
fn:Brigette Leach
n:Leach;Brigette
org:Avalon Farms
adr:;;14302 East OP Ave;Climax;MI;49034;United States
email;internet:avalonfarmshomegrown AT eathlink.net
tel;work:269-746-4648
tel;fax:269-7464393
tel;home:269-746-4648
tel;cell:269-720-2279