market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bed Shaper

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bed Shaper
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:52:54 -0500

The Lesche bed shaper was originally built here in NJ for our vegetable
industry. The shaper was designed to be pulled with a Ford 8N, which is still
the tractor most farms around here use with the shaper. I think the HP of that
tractor is around 25, hence the HP rating. There are thousands of acres of
beds in my county made with the Lesche type bedder on our stone free sandy
soils they work very well I don't think you will regret buying one. BTW there
is also a matching three point fertilizer spreader that is used with the
bedder in a separate operation, get both... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.