market-farming - [Market-farming] Re-selling rules at Farmers' Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mike Emers" <rosie-ck AT mosquitonet.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re-selling rules at Farmers' Markets
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:58:55 -0900

Hi

I know this subject has come up in the past, but I want to ask folks out
there again how they have dealt with this issue:

We have a thriving and growing market in our community of 80,000. In
the last several years, as our market has grown, we have attracted a few
people exclusively re-selling other crafters items (they do not make
anything on their own). This has upset several of us since we feel it
is the assumption of the customers that they are buying directly from
the farmer/crafter. How has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks

Mike Emers
Rosie Creek Farm
Ester, Alaska