market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato blight

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kevin Wilson <kevin.wilson100 AT shaw.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato blight
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 07:23:28 -0700

Anna Carter - Creation Soap wrote:
Any suggestions for non toxic ways to deal with these two items;
Tomato blight

Late blight or early blight?

We have late blight here and there are a few supposedly resistant varieties, but the main strategy is to keep water off teh leaves. No overhead watering (I have a drip system) and a plastic cover to keep the rain off, so a greehouse or hoophouse type thing. The disease spreads by spores being splashed up off teh ground onto the lower leaves by water drops.

Kevin Wilson
Fiddlers farm
Powell River, BC, Canada