market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] FW: potato beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: <creationsoap AT boone.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] FW: potato beetles
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:38:27 -0500

Fedco is a good source, although shipping is expensive from Maine to you and me...  They have some organic potato seed too - they are a cooperative,  they use newsprint for their catalogues - there are many good things about Fedco, so I am glad to support them.   http://www.fedcoseeds.com/

Fedco is a great source for seeds too - will tell you which varieties are heirloom, which ones open-pollinated, which ones hybrid.  And they are passionate about seed-saving and promoting sustainable practices.

They are a cooperative whose members have gardens, so they stop sending things out in May, I think it is.  So, they are a seasonal endeavor.  I like this about them too!

                    Jill