market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic presentation at the market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: rndmenke AT lockhart.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic presentation at the market
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:54:57 -0400

Clean the garlic by removing the top wrapper layer (this should easily rub off if the garlic is well cured) and cutting the roots almost flush with the base of the bulb. Never ever wash the dried bulbs with water.

I sell mine for a buck a bulb, I grow specialty hardnecks (garlic in the grocery stores is one or two varieties of softnecks, generally). I display mine in a basket. If you know your product-what varieties, what each variety tastes like, how to use, etc.. you should have no problem selling lots of garlic. recipes are good to have.

Store in a cool dark place in string bags. we store ours in the basement after curing them for 6 to 8 weeks.

Lucy Goodman
new Paris, OH