market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] RE: Asparagus and Weeds/ and GUINEAS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] RE: Asparagus and Weeds/ and GUINEAS
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:40:02 -0400

I will concede that my experience with chickens and geese on asparagus was with freshly planted asparagus roots. not a well established field. I will take everyone's word for it and put some chickens on our older asparagus patch and see..

Now, let's talk about guineas.

I know, there are endless articles about how wonderful they are for eating your weed seed and insects but I want to hear from you vegetable growers with guineas. Your guineas don't eat your broccoli?
They don't damage your tomatoes?
They don't peck at your peppers?

I would like to hear from people who seriously grow vegetables and also have a dozen or so guineas running around. and are happy with the combination.