market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seperating 5-gallon buckets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mjb <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: Wendy & Randy Gray <hoemangray AT earthlink.net>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seperating 5-gallon buckets
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:33:08 -0700

There is actually, an easy answer. You only need a little bit of an easement between the two buckets, with a hose fill the cavity with water. It doesn't take much. The water separates the buckets and instead of one you now have two.

Michaele
Growing Things

Wendy & Randy Gray wrote:

I have tried storing them with a piece of dried daylily or iris stocks (these are free and available!), or simply lengths of stiff wire (ok if no small kids around) in between the buckets. Another grower I know uses bamboo stakes. But, you can't store as many that way, because they don't stack in a straight line!. Also, if stored upside down they seem to come apart easier. Sometimes I try water between them too!
Probably no easy answer to this one!

Wendy in OR (z6ish)