market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seperating 5-gallon buckets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marcy" <marcy AT aculink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seperating 5-gallon buckets
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:59:30 -0600

I read about this idea for separating crystal glasses and have always
thought I'd try it on the stuck buckets someday. They said to stick the
bottom one into hot water and and cold water in the top glass and then you
can pull the top one out. Since I don't have a handy place to put enough
hot water for a 5-gallon bucket, I'd thought I might try cold water inside
the top one. I think I'll just try the earlier suggestion of running water
in between them...
Marcy

> >> While the buckets all slide into each other just fine to stack, a good
> > number of them get stuck -- completely stuck -- and we can't get them
> apart
> > again.
> >
> > Does anyone have a good trick for separating plastic buckets? I hate to
> > heave all these "doubles" into the recycling bin just because the kids
> can't
> > pull them apart with brute strength.
> >
> > Thanks for the help!
> >
> > Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator
> > St. John's United Church of Christ Organic Community Garden and
Labyrinth